Feet First University District Walk & Talk
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Meeting Location: UW Tower (4333 Brooklyn Ave NE Seattle, WA 98195)
Take a short walk with Seattle Councilmember Tim Burgess who kicks off UDistrict Next: A Community Conversation. We'll stop at six locations to discuss the future plans for the neighborhood and how walking plays an important role in how we connect with where we live, work and play. Learn how the community, City, and University are planning for a more walkable neighborhood.
At each Walk & Talk Stop You'll Learn:
- Sound Transit University District Station learn about the design and what is planned for the area
- The Parking/Economics near 50th and how it plays a role on businesses thriving
- Greek Row and how students are engaged in the walking environment through a walking audit
- Campus environment/circulation and how it supports the University District
- Alley Connection and how social services play a role and what this means for a walkable area
- Campus Parkway/Design and incorporating more walking in this area with how the residence are intentionally designed to support walkabilty
The event will end at 6:30 and follow with a reception. Tickets are limited and participants must RSVP in advance.
This Feet First event is being sponsored in part by the University of Washington, City of Seattle, and Localisto.